Bank and Shop¶
If you want to buy items in High Fidelity, head on over to the Marketplace, where you can purchase more than 300 items built by digital artists and creators from around this world. High Fidelity uses their own cryptocurrency, High Fidelity Coin (HFC) to manage your transactions.
On This Page:
Buying High Fidelity Coin¶
Currently, you can buy High Fidelity Coins (HFC) using Ethereum, a blockchain app that trades ETH (Ether). The Bank of High Fidelity manages HFC and we gradually increase the number of coins in circulation as the economy grows. 100 HFC is equal to 1 USD.
To get HFC:
- Book an appointment at the Bank of High Fidelity.
- At the time of your appointment, visit the TradingRoom domain.
- We will provide you with a QR code that you can use to send ETH to the Bank of High Fidelity.
- Once we receive the ETH amount you sent, we will send you the appropriate amount of HFC to your account based on the current exchange rate. This can take up to one business day.
You can also receive HFC from gifts from your friends or as prizes at events in High Fidelity.
Shopping the Marketplace¶
The Marketplace contains all types of items to enrich your VR experience, including avatars, buildings, apps, wearables, toys and so much more. Each item will have a cost associated with it - some items are free, while others can be purchased.
Browse our items in the Marketplace either on our website or by using the Market App.
To buy an item:
- In Interface, pull up your tablet or HUD and go to Market.
- Browse to the item you want to buy.
- Click on the item and hit Get (for free items) or Buy (for purchased items).
You can locate all items that you purchase in the Inventory App.
The Inventory App¶
The Inventory app provides an interface to manage your transactions, purchases, and HFC. From the Inventory app, you can:
- View your recent purchases, sales, gifts and other transaction history
- Change avatars, put on wearables and install/update apps
- Send HFC to your friends or anyone nearby
If you last used High Fidelity before we released the Inventory app, you most likely had a Wallet key that gave you access to your HFC and Marketplace purchases. If you can't see those in the latest version of High Fidelity you are using, you can copy your old keys and paste them in the same folder location as the latest version. High Fidelity stores your keys in the following locations:
- Windows: C:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/High Fidelity/Interface/user_name.hifikey
- OS X: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/High Fidelity/Interface/user_name.hifikey