Change Your Avatar¶
When you first use High Fidelity, you will be wearing the default avatar, Woody. Your avatar is a representation of you in the metaverse. You can control how your avatar moves and speak to other users in-world using it.
On This Page:
Use Your VirtualYou Avatar¶
VirtualYou: 3D Avatar Creator is High Fidelity’s mobile app developed with the help of our friends at Wolf3D. In just a few easy steps, you can create a 3D avatar that looks like you in less than five minutes. The app creates your avatar based on a selfie that you take from your phone’s camera. You can then select customize your hair, face and body attributes, and choose your outfit. Download the app from the Apple or Google Play stores.
At the end, log in to High Fidelity to upload your new avatar to your account.
To wear your VirtualYou avatar:
- In Interface, pull up your Tablet or HUD and go to Inventory.
- Click on the ‘Items’ tab.
- Locate your VirtualYou avatar and click ‘Wear’.
Buy an Avatar from the Marketplace¶
We and our users have designed multiple avatars that are available for your use in the Marketplace.
To get an avatar from the Marketplace:
- In Interface, pull up your Tablet or HUD and go to Market.
- Search for avatars, or look for avatars under ‘Categories’.
- You’ll see a list of avatars of different designs available. Click on any one you like and hit ‘Get’ (for free items) or ‘Buy’ (for purchased avatars).
- After completing your purchase, click ‘Wear’ to switch to your new avatar.
Use Your Own Custom Avatar¶
You can use an avatar that you created. Learn more about how you can create your avatar here.
All avatars must be hosted in the cloud before they can be used with High Fidelity. Examples of cloud storage options include Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, GitHub, or Microsoft Azure. Alternatively, you can add your avatar to the Marketplace to sell to other users.
Once you have your avatar’s .fst file, you can upload it.
- In Interface, pull up your tablet or HUD and click on Avatar.
- In the Avatar window, click the link icon next to your current avatar.
- Enter the .fst file’s URL and click ‘Confirm’.
- If you want to access this avatar later without loading the .fst file information again, you can click on ‘Add to Favorites’ to save the current avatar information.