Get Your Item Assets
Now that you're ready to upload your item to Marketplace, you'll need the right assets.
Uploading Your Item's Assets
We want to upload a model of water fountain to Marketplace. We have the .fbx file for the model but no .JSON file that defines the model's properties. To get the .JSON asset:
- In Interface, pull up your tablet and go to Create.
- Click ''Open this Domain's Asset Browser Now". The Asset Browser window will open and show you the list of assets in the current domain.
- Click the "Choose File" button.
- Select your .fbx file and click 'Open'.
- Specify the asset path. Here, you can specify a folder for your .fbx file. We've created and named our folder 'model1'.
- Back in the Asset Browser window, find your folder and .fbx file and click 'Add to World'.
- In the pop-up window that opens, you can specify the collision properties of your model. Click 'Add'.
- You'll see the model appear before you.
- Once you see the model, you can select the model and go to the properties in Create.
- You can specify the properties you want the model to have here.
- Once you're done editing the properties, go to Edit > Export Entites.
- Select a destination folder for your model and it's .JSON file that contains its information (properties, URL and more).
- You'll see both files in the folder you specified.
Some important points:
- Use only content which you are legally entitled to.
- Do not use a code obfuscator, our review team needs to be able to read your scripts.
- Audio should sound clean and be 32 bit, 48 khz wav files.
- If your item is an object that must be rezzed by a script, attach that script to a dummy object, export it as a .JSON and use that as your main file.
- All entities must have a name, even if they are invisible or simple primitives.
- Please use English in your package description, support text, and code comments.
- If needed, you may use HTML tags in your description text.
- We recommend to link to your website, email, social media or other resource.